Critical illness insurance can help reduce financial stresses at a critical time in your life, and can complement disability and life insurance protection needs. It offers you and your family – as well as your business – the financial resources to help pay for additional expenses often associated with a critical illness or condition.
The advantages of critical illness insurance include:
- A lump-sum benefit that you can use however you wish (e.g. to make mortgage payments, seek medical treatment outside Canada, help your business continue in your absence)
- Coverage for up to 25 critical illnesses or conditions
- You may receive payment even if you’re not disabled from work
- Options are available that provide a return of premium benefit
- Individuals unable to obtain disability insurance for various reasons can, in some cases, still qualify for critical illness coverage (e.g. a non-income earning spouse)
We can help you determine if critical illness insurance fits into your financial security plan. Contact us today to find out more about critical illness insurance.